Company: Bothrs, Gent
Type: UX/UI Assignment
Timeframe: 8-10 hours
Choice of tools: free
Date: Jan 2020
- App design → wireframe + ui
- Mobile first, keep desktop in mind
- Authentication / Login
- Navigation system with subjects (topics) and lessons (steps)
→ Life long learning
Learn in spare & free time
→ Short chunks
→ Must be fun
- Test knowledge with quiz
- A/B test before and after rollout
- Budget saving on learning and development
Red = not part of this exercise
Splash + logo
Request access button
List of employees with progress
Assuming they're new employees, they will get access from a superior within the organisation. With a button they can request access. An email will be sent to them with login information.
Login with email address and password. If password forgotten, they can reset it with a button and an email will be sent.
Once authenticated, they should be able to see their current progress if any, and what course material is available to learn. Added bonus would be a profile page to make the app feel more personal.
When someone with management level account logs in, they will have the possibility to view the progress of education within the company, departments and employees. Drilling down would then show more granular information on departments and even specific details on an employee.
Branding & Design
- Assumed Bothrs is the client
- Playful design based around
- lollipop colours
- organic blobs
- lots of whitespace
- Original brand name based on "U", as in iTunesU, iBooksU, ... University, Academy, etc. but too formal.
- Settled on using the B from Bothrs as the start of the app name → Boost. Doing one session successfully will boost your morale.
- polish prototype and test with internal users
- add easy to implement gamification
- sit down with devs for quiz possibilities